Housing [details on housing inspection and landlord license]
Woodbury Housing Department is responsible for the enforcement of the New Jersey State Housing Code as well as other codes and regulations of the City of Woodbury.
These codes apply to all existing residential and commercial buildings and establish certain minimum standards and requirements for the purpose of protecting the health, safety and welfare of the people.
These various codes relate to water supply, plumbing facilities, lighting, electric, ventilation, heating, egress, and general maintenance of buildings.
All residential units must be inspected by the Housing Department and a Certificate of Occupancy issued PRIOR to:
- a change in occupancy for a rental unit
- the sale of a residential unit (both rental and owner occupied)
All residential rental units are required to submit the Landlord Registration Form and the Landlord Licensing Form. The Landlord Registration Form must be submitted with each change of occupancy inspection. The Landlord Licensing Form must be submitted annually and at a change of ownership.
Please set your schedule accordingly –
Initial inspection allow ten (10) business days for scheduling of appointment.
Re-inspection allow at least five (5) business days
- Initial Inspection fee: $75 per unit
- Follow up to initial inspection: $35 per unit, each
To schedule inspection you must submit :
- Application for a Certificate of Occupancy Inspection plus initial fee
- Application for a Certificate of Occupancy Inspection, plus initial fee
- Landlord Registration form
- Landlord Licensing form – (if not licensed at time of request)
- Landlord Licensing Renewal form
Application for a Commercial Certificate of Occupancy – Commercial CO application – $50 fee
Abandoned/Vacant Property Registration – Click here to download form.
Application for Smoke Detector/Carbon Monoxide Compliance – Click here to download form.