Office of Emergency Management
Woodbury’s OEM plan approved by the state:
Our mission is to provide a comprehensive and integrated emergency management system that coordinates community resources to protect lives, property, and the environment through mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery from all natural and manmade hazards that may impact our city.
What We Do:
- Coordinate Emergency Management activities for the City of Woodbury.
- Maintain and update the city Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan, Hazards Vulnerability Analysis, and Hazard Mitigation Plan.
- Activate and staff the city Emergency Operations Center.
- Work with other county, city, town, department, agency, and task force elements to develop a variety of related emergency plans, procedures, and guidelines.
- Coordinate for local, state, and federal government response and recovery operations during a major emergency or disaster.
- Maintain and operate the city fixed-site and mobile Emergency Operations Center.
- Monitor severe weather watches, warnings, and special statements issued by the National Weather Service and provide this information to other local government departments including public safety and public works agencies.
- Serve as staff support for the City of Woodbury Local Emergency Planning Committee for Hazardous Materials.
- Provide assistance and support to all public safety agencies, government entities, and private sector partners through planning, training, and exercising.
- Coordinate resource support to tactical response units and on scene Incident Commanders.
- Provide continuity of Operations Planning information and guidance.