Office of Emergency Management
Our mission is to provide a comprehensive and integrated emergency management system that coordinates community resources to protect lives, property, and the environment through mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery from all natural and man-made hazards that may impact our city.
What we do for you and Woodbury:
- Coordinate Emergency Management activities for the City of Woodbury.
- Maintain and update the city Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan, Hazards Vulnerability Analysis, and Hazard Mitigation Plan.
- Activate and staff the city Emergency Operations Center.
- Work with other county, city, town, department, agency, and task force elements to develop a variety of related emergency plans, procedures, and guidelines.
- Coordinate for local, state, and federal government response and recovery operations during a major emergency or disaster.
- Maintain and operate the city fixed-site and mobile Emergency Operations Center.
- Monitor severe weather watches, warnings, and special statements issued by the National Weather Service and provide this information to other local government departments including public safety and public works agencies.
- Serve as staff support for the City of Woodbury Local Emergency Planning Committee for Hazardous Materials.
- Provide assistance and support to all public safety agencies, government entities, and private sector partners through planning, training, and exercising.
- Coordinate resource support to tactical response units and on scene Incident Commanders.
- Provide continuity of Operations Planning information and guidance.